Welcome to DirList
DirList is a user directory system that runs as a common gateway interface (CGI) program to serve up user lists, search for various user attributes, view their web sites, define your own user attributes, and keep it all synchronized automatically with the underlying operating system's user database on periodic intervals when used with cron.
- Download (WebDAV-enabled for convenience)
- Live Demo
- View, Edit, or Add Bugs
- View Source (Subversion)
2007-08-05: DirList Server 2.9
2004-05-28: DirList Server 2.8
Version 2.8 is out after a long security audit and now uses stronger safe-string functions when platform support exists at compile-time. No remote buffer overflows were found, though an issue with use of excessive CPU and memory resources through a high number of searches in a single query was uncovered and addressed. As an extra feature, index files created on one CPU endian type can now be read directly on a different CPU endian computer. 64-bit CPUs are now supported, too. Please see the change log for more details.
High-Level Deployment Architecture
- DirList implements a client-server architecture with the server running on demand with each request via the common gateway interface (CGI)
- Clients, such as DirList2ODBC, speak with the DirList Server through a web server using regular HTTP GET and POST messages
- Web browsers see a read-only searchable view of the directory
- The DirList Project is proud to be covered by the GNU General Public License, version 2